The final release of Silverlight 4 is now available!
What is in the Silverlight 4 Release
Silverlight 4 contains a ton of new features and capabilities. In particular we focused on three scenarios with this release:
- Further enhancing media support
- Building great business applications
- Enabling out of the browser experiences
On Tuesday Scott Guthrie gave a 60 minute keynote about Silverlight 4 which showed off many of the new features and capabilities now available. You can watch Scott Guthrie’s keynote to learn more about Silverlight 4 and see a ton of great demos of it in action.
Also check out these three great posts by Tim Heuer that talk about the new features and provide a guide to the new Silverlight 4 capabilities:
- Silverlight 4 Beta – A Guide to the New Features
- Silverlight 4 RC – What was updated
- Silverlight 4 Released
Also read David Anson’s great Silverlight 4 Toolkit post to learn more about the new controls and functionality also available within the Silverlight Toolkit release we also made available today. Visit this page to learn more about the new Pivot functionality in Silverlight 4 – which makes it really easy to visualize and interact with collections of images using Silverlight.
Download Silverlight 4 here!
- Install Visual Studio 2008 SP1 or Visual Web Developer Express with SP1
- Download Silverlight Tools for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and install it.
- Install Microsof Expression Blend 2 and then install Microsoft Expression Blend 2 Service Pack 1
- Install Deep Zoom Composer
- Download Silverlight Toolkit
- Download Silverlight Runtime for Windows OR Silverlight Runtime for Mac
For further information, visit